Kelty South Junction (1890-1967)
Opened on the Kinross-shire Railway.
Opened on the Kelty to Cowdenbeath (North British Railway).
The single track Kinross-shire Railway opened here in 1860, a line from Lumphinnans Central Junction to Kinross. The junction was formed in 1890 when Kelty to Cowdenbeath (North British Railway) as part of the preparations for the opening of the Forth Bridge. The original line northwards from the junction was doubled.
The line from Lumphinnans doubled just before the junction. Lumphinnans Nos 11 and 12 Collieries was a little further south east going towards Lumphinnans. The signal box was located in the 'V' of the junction. Northwards from the junction were loops on either side on the approach to Kelty station.
The route to Lumphinnans closed in 1967 and the box closed. The remaining line from Cowdenbeath to Kelty closed in 1972 (north from Kelty it closed in 1970.
The location had been landscaped since line closure.
Dunfermline Queen Margaret
Loch Leven Curler^s Platform
Dunfermline (Comely Park)
Kinross Junction [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Kelty South Junction
Kelty North Junction
Lumphinnans Nos 11 and 12 Collieries
Kelty Pit No 3
Kelty Gas Works
Kelty Pit No 1
Lassodie Mill Colliery
Benarty Signal Box
Lumphinnans North Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|