Kelty

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Kelty (1860-1930)

Opened on the Kinross-shire Railway.

Description

This station is closed. This was an island platform station. Like Kinross Junction[2nd] and Thornton Junction the main station building was not on the platform and the station was reached by footbridge. The building at Kinross was of two storeys. On the island platform was a timber canopied building. The platform was built in timber and was reduced to a low mound after clousre to passengers.

To the immediate north was Kelty North Junction which was a six way junction. To the north of the junction was Kelty Yard.

A goods building from the station has been moved to Loch Leven Pier. The Boat House Loch Leven

Nothing remains of the station on site.

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map



Dates

12/07/1972Kinross-shire Railway Fife and Kinross Railway
Kelty Coup (by Kelty) to Cowdenbeath North Junction closed to freight.

Books


Forgotten Railways: Scotland