Lumphinnans North Junction (1902-1967)
Opened on the Kinross-shire Railway.
This junction opened with a new double track curve to Lumphinnans East Junction in 1902, the existing line remained single track. The curve allowed a goods train from the Kelty direction to run east onto the Dunfermline Branch. The route south to Lumphinnans Central Junction was realigned to make a junction a little further to the north. The box opened in 1901. The Dunfermline branch (Edinburgh and Northern Railway) dated from 1848, the Kinross-shire Railway from 1860.
The line continued north west as a single track to Kelty South Junction.
In 1935 the box here, in the 'V' of the junction, took over Lumphinnans East Junction box.
Both Kelty lines here closed in 1967. The location is now landscaped farmland.
Dunfermline Queen Margaret
Loch Leven Curler^s Platform
Other railway and industry locations
Lumphinnans East Junction
Lumphinnans Central Junction
Lumphinnans West Junction
Lumphinnans No 1 Colliery
Lumphinnans Pit No 7
Lumphinnans Iron Works
Lochgelly Gas Works
Lumphinnans Nos 11 and 12 Collieries
Lochgelly Colliery Nellie Pit
Cowdenbeath North Junction
Lochgelly Iron Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|