Kelty North Junction (1862-1970)
Opened on the West of Fife Mineral Railway.
Opened on the Lochore Branch (North British Railway).
This was a six way junction immediately north of Kelty station.
Northwards from the junction the lines were to
- the west, the Blairadam Branch, to Blairadam Colliery (opened 1873, closed 1964)
- the north, the main line north to Glenfarg (opened 1860, closed 1970)
- the east, the Lochore Branch (opened 1862, closed 1970)
Southwards from the junction were line to
- the west, the West of Fife Branch, formerly a connection to the West of Fife Railway (opened 1863, closed 1963)
- the south, the main line south to Kelty South Junction and Cowdenbeath (opened 1860, closed 1970)
- the east, the Aitken Colliery (opened 1896, closed 1963, abandoned 1969)
The location remained a junction until closure of the line in 1970.
Nothing remains to be seen at the junction site.
Loch Leven Curler^s Platform
Dunfermline Queen Margaret
Kinross Junction [1st]
Kinross Junction [2nd]
Other railway and industry locations
Kelty North Junction
Kelty South Junction
Kelty Pit No 3
Kelty Gas Works
Kelty Pit No 1
Lumphinnans Nos 11 and 12 Collieries
Benarty Signal Box
Lassodie Mill Colliery
Lumphinnans North Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Fife's Lost Railways
Railways of Fife
The Railways of Fife