This line connected Edinburgh Princes Street station to the lines to Granton, Leith, Barnton, Falkirk and Stirling.
The line is now closed. The section between Haymarket West Junction and Dalry Road station is now a roadway. A short portion of the platform at Dalry Road still exists.
These locations are along the line.
This junction opened was between lines westwards to Stirling, Granton, North Leith and Barnton, and Glasgow Central, Carstairs and Carlisle. To the east lines to Morrison Street Goods, Edinburgh Princes Street and Lothian Road Goods divided.
This was a double track junction formed when the 1864 Coltbridge Junction to Dalry Junction curve was met with a new connection of 1876 westwards to Haymarket West Junction to give the Caledonian Railway access to locations west via the former Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway.
This junction opened in 1864 when the a curve from the new Wester Dalry Branch and Dalry Road Lines (Caledonian Railway) connected the 1848 Caledonian Railway to the 1859 Granton Branch (Caledonian Railway).
This junction opened in 1876 when the Wester Dalry Branch and Dalry Road Lines (Caledonian Railway) opened, allowing Caledonian Railway trains from Edinburgh Princes Street to join the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway westbound and then, via the Stirlingshire Midland Junction Railway, join the Scottish Central Railway at Larbert Junction and run north to Stirling, ...More details