Also known as Grangemouth Branch Junction. Here the former Grangemouth Railway (Forth and Clyde Canal) meets the 1850 former Stirlingshire Midland Junction Railway. Approach is from the west.
Until 1997 this was a double track junction, it is now a single lead junction. The box was closed, replaced by a portacabin (on the north side of the line), in a resignalling which also closed Swing Bridge East Signal Box. The portacabin box closed in December 2017. Local trains from the west which terminate at Falkirk Grahamston can use the first part of the branch as a refuge before reversing.
When first built the branch was single track, doubling before the junction.
Falkirk Camelon [1st]
Bonnybridge Canal Goods
| Callendar Iron Works|
Salton Iron Works
Springfield Saw Mills
Springfield Iron Works
Dalderse Goods and Mineral Depot
Falkirk Iron Works
Grahamston Iron Works
Castlelaurie Iron Works
Thornhill Road Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1874||Caledonian Railway
Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway
Stirlingshire Midland Junction Railway
Wester Dalry Branch and Dalry Road Lines (Caledonian Railway)|
Caledonian Railway granted running power over the Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway. For westbound passenger traffic for the north, the Caledonian Railway must pause at Damhead Junction to pick up any North British Railway coaches. For goods and minerals the company may run from north of Larbert Junction and from Grangemouth Junction over the proposed Wester Dalry branch via Damhead Junction (later Haymarket West Junction) for Edinburgh, Leith and Granton traffic.
|29/01/1968||Grangemouth Railway (Forth and Clyde Canal Company)|
Grangemouth to Falkirk Grahamston (Grangemouth Junction) closed to passengers.