This railway is closed. The company provided a service between Coupar Angus and Newtyle.
|/ /1835||[Newtyle and Coupar Angus Railway]|
Act receives Royal assent.
|/ /1846||[Newtyle and Coupar Angus Railway]|
[Scottish Midland Junction Railway]
Line sold to the Scottish Midland Junction Railway. It was then closed and upgraded to standard gauge and two tracks between Coupar Angus and Ardler Junction. (Alternative date: 1845).
|04/09/1967||[Newtyle and Coupar Angus Railway]|
Coupar Angus to Ardler Junction closed to passengers.
|04/09/1967||Scottish Midland Junction Railway|
Arbroath and Forfar Railway
Newtyle and Coupar Angus Railway
Newtyle, Eassie and Glammiss Railway
Stanley Junction to Kinnaber Junction closed to passengers. Coupar Angus, Alyth Junction, Forfar and Bridge of Dun stations closed.
These locations are along the line.
This was the northern terminus of the Dundee and Newtyle Railway. The terminus building still stands. It is one of the oldest stations in Britain.
This junction was north of Newtyle [1st]. South from the junction the line was joint Newtyle, Eassie and Glammiss Railway and Newtyle and Coupar Angus Railway, the owners of the routes east and west respectively from the junction.
This was the junction between the Strathmore mainline Perth - Forfar [2nd] - Kinnaber Junction and the curve from the Dundee and Newtyle Railway. This allowed through running from Dundee West to Coupar Angus and Blairgowrie.
This was a two platform station. There was a level crossing to the east of the station and a goods yard to the west, on the north side of the line and reached by reversal. The station buildings were of Caledonian Railway style typical of the line.
This was a three platform station. With an island platform on the west side - the outer face being for the Blairgowrie branch and down platform (with canopied building) and down platform (timber building) on the east side. Both sides of the station had goods loops. Access to the platforms was by a large footbridge over the goods loops on the west and east sides of the station.