Hatton Incline (1831-1865)
Opened on the Dundee and Newtyle Railway.
This incline was 3000 ft long with a gradient of 1 in 13. Newtyle [1st] station was at the north end and, climbing to the south east, the engine house at Hatton Engine House was reached.
With modernisation of the line to allow locomotives to run throughout the incline was replaced, in 1868, by a new deviation to the west. This served a new Newtyle [2nd] station, the original being left on a branch and converted into a goods station.
Two other inclines existed on the Dundee and Newtyle Railway, the Law Incline and the Balbeuchly Incline.
Alyth Junction [Bay platform]
Alyth Junction [Branch platform]
Washington [N and CAR]
Other railway and industry locations
Hatton Engine House
Eastfield Road Bridge
Meigle Sculptured Stone Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|