Hatton Engine House (1831-1865)
Opened on the Dundee and Newtyle Railway.
This engine house was at the top of the Hatton Incline, south east of Newtyle [1st].
There was a very short loop a the incline head, and a pair of sidings, served from the south east. The line passed under the engine house.
After replacement of the incline with the deviation via Newtyle [2nd], the engine house was demolished. A railway cottage, named Hillend Cottage, just to the north of the former running line, remained.
The cottage no longer stands.
Alyth Junction [Bay platform]
Alyth Junction [Branch platform]
Washington [N and CAR]
Other railway and industry locations
Hatton Engine House
Eastfield Road Bridge
Meigle Sculptured Stone Museum
Ardler West Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|