Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Dundee and Newtyle Deviations (Dundee and Perth Railway).
This was a two platform station with a passing loop. The loop extended north west to Newtyle Junction. Trains from Dundee West divided here at the station to continue to both Blairgowrie and Alyth.
The main station building was in timber, located on the southbound platform. There was a bay platform on the down (northbound) platform. The signal box was located to the south west, across the B954 road bridge from the platforms, and on the north side of the line.
There were no goods facilities as the nearby Newtyle [1st] became the goods station.
After closure to passengers (1955) and goods (1958) the line was used to store redundant wagons for a time.
Little remains of the station, it is now the site of a house. The railway crossed the B954 to the west of the station and the bridge abutments remain.
Alyth Junction [Bay platform]
Alyth Junction [Branch platform]
Washington [N and CAR]
| Newtyle Junction|
Hatton Engine House
Meigle Sculptured Stone Museum
Ardler West Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|