Opened on the Alyth Railway.
This was a single platform terminus with a timber overall roof braced between the station building and the goods shed. This was removed before closure.
There were goods facilities on both sides of the station - cattle bank to north and sidings to south. Immediately south of the east end of the station was a single ended one track locomotive shed. The signal box (1891) was at the east end of the station with most of the lines to its north, save two sidings on the south side.
The box was a ground frame from 1935. The station closed in 1951. The box closed in 1958 and the line closed completely in 1965.
Nothing now remains of the station, the area being redeveloped for housing.
Washington [N and CAR]
Alyth Junction [Branch platform]
Alyth Junction [Bay platform]
Stormont Loch Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Hatton Engine House
Meigle Sculptured Stone Museum
Ardler West Level Crossing
Eassie Sculptured Stone
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|