|/ /1853||[Crieff Junction Railway]|
Act receives Royal assent
|/ /1864||Crieff Junction Railway|
Scottish Central Railway
Crieff Junction Railway absorbed by Scottish Central Railway.
|01/09/1964||[Crieff Junction Railway]|
Muthill to Gleneagles closed to freight
|02/11/1964||Crieff Junction Railway|
Crieff [1st] to Muthill closed to freight.
These locations are along the line.
This was a four platform station with two platforms on the main line and two on the branch to Crieff. The main station building was on the northbound main line platform and had canopies. there was a building on the southbound main line platform and small shelter on the northbound branch platform.
This was a single platform station. The platform was on the east side of the line and there was a goods siding to the north with a loading bank. The railway was raised here to pass over a road to the south (bridge now removed) and the station building was of two storeys, one at street level and one above at platform level.
This was a two platform station with a loop on a single track line. The station was on the north side of a level crossing with 'Station Road' which ran west to Muthill itself. The main station building was on the southbound platform and the signal box was on the north side of the level crossing, east side of the line at the southern end of the southbound platform.
This was a particularly minimal halt consisting of a slabbed area bordering track and equipped with a single set of steps. These were used to mount the railbus.
This was a single platform station. The platform was on the east side of the line with a station house. To the north was a level crossing and to the south a goods loop, on the east side, with sidings which were approached from the south.
This was a particularly minimal halt consisting of a slabbed area bordering the north side of the track at a level crossing and equipped with a single set of steps. These were used to mount the railbus.
The original terminus in Crieff was just to the south of Crieff [2nd] and was to become a goods yard on the opening of that station. It opened in 1856, the terminus of the service from Crieff Junction (rebuilt as Gleneagles in 1919). From 1866 it further became the terminus of the new line from Methven Junction, completing a through route from Perth.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Branch Lines of Strathearn: Tourists, Tatties and Trains
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Scottish Central Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)