Comrie

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Comrie (1893-1964)

Opened on the Crieff and Comrie Railway.

Opened on the Lochearnhead, St Fillans and Comrie Railway.


Description

This was a two platform station. At first, when a terminus, a platform and station building were not provided on the up side. After extension a second platform and building were provided.

A triangle of lines from the goods yard, south of the line approached from the east, allowed locomotive turning.

Portions of platform remain, particularly under the road bridge at the west end. The site is now a caravan park. Comrie Holiday Park

07/05/2018

Tags

Terminus station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67