This was a two platform station. The station building was a two storey with crow stopped gables on the down platform, like the one still extant at Greenloaning.
South of the station site is a signal box (1895 replacing an earlier box) and the up and down refuge sidings remain here, although the up one is not in use. The box is at the west end of the now removed westbound platform.
The goods yard survived until around 1983 the station closed to passengers in 1956.
There was a mail apparatus just east of the station on either side of the line.
| Kincardine Glen Viaduct|
Earn Viaduct [Strageath]
Whitemoss Level Crossing
Blackford Old Parish Church
Ardunie Roman Signal Station
St Serf's Church and Duplin Stone
Muir O'Fauld Roman Signal Station
Muthill Old Church and Tower
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|22/05/1848||Scottish Central Railway|
Opened from Stirling to Perth. Stations at: Bridge of Allan [1st], Dunblane, Kinbuck, Greenloaning, Auchterarder, Dunning, Forteviot, Forgandenny, Perth General.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Scottish Central Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)