This was a two platform station. It was somewhat distant from the town of Dunning, more than a mile and a half distant.
There was a the main station building, a single storey, was on the southbound platform and a waiting room on the northbound.
The goods yard was south of the station, on the east side, approached from the south.
The original signal box was at the west end of the northbound platform. It was replaced with a modern 1951 signal box which survived into the 1990s.
| Whitemoss Level Crossing|
River May Viaduct
Kincardine Glen Viaduct
Earn Viaduct [Forgandenny]
St Serf's Church and Duplin Stone
Muir O'Fauld Roman Signal Station
Ardunie Roman Signal Station
Old House of Invermay
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|22/05/1848||Scottish Central Railway|
Opened from Stirling to Perth. Stations at: Bridge of Allan [1st], Dunblane, Kinbuck, Greenloaning, Auchterarder, Dunning, Forteviot, Forgandenny, Perth General.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Scottish Central Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)