This was a two platform station. The station building, two storeys with crow stepped gables, remains as a house on the former down platform as does a railwayman^s cottage by the level crossing. The goods yard was to the south, on the west (down) side of the line, with a refuge siding on the up side.
The signal box was closed in 1985 when the level crossing was automated and up siding lifted.
Bridge of Earn [2nd]
Bridge of Earn [1st]
Perth Glasgow Road
Perth Glasgow Road [Temporary]
Perth Princes Street
| Water of May Viaduct|
Earn Viaduct [Forgandenny]
Earn Viaduct [Bridge of Earn]
Almondbank Naval Stores
Perth South Shed
Old House of Invermay
St Serf^s Church and Duplin Stone
Whitemoss Level Crossing
Muir O^Fauld Roman Signal Station
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|22/05/1848||Scottish Central Railway|
Opened from Stirling to Perth. Stations at: Bridge of Allan [1st], Dunblane, Kinbuck, Greenloaning, Auchterarder, Dunning, Forteviot, Forgandenny, Perth General.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Scottish Central Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)