Gleneagles Hotel, Golf Course and Spa
The hotel is a mile to the north west of Gleneagles station, rebuilt for the overall plan to develop a resort.
The main building is three storeys and an attic. The architect was Matthew Adam.
Construction began under the Caledonian Railway who also rebuilt their nearby Gleneagles station around the same time. The hotel was completed by the London, Midland and Scottish Railway. A siding, from the Crieff Junction Railway, served the hotel. The hotel was sold by British Transport Hotels in 1981 and is now independent of railway.
| Gleneagles Tip|
Kincardine Glen Viaduct
Earn Viaduct [Strageath]
Blackford Old Parish Church
Muthill Old Church and Tower
Ardoch Roman Fort
Whitemoss Level Crossing
Ardunie Roman Signal Station
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
The company, which will build the Gleneagles Hotel, is created in 1913. The Caledonian Railway is authorised to subscribe to the hotel.
Branch Lines of Strathearn: Tourists, Tatties and Trains