This was a single platform station. The platform was on the east side of the line and the station building was of two storeys, one at street level and one above at platform level. The railway was raised here to pass over a road to the south (bridge now removed)
There was a goods siding to the north with a loading bank.
A signal box opened in 1892 and closed in 1921 when replaced with a ground frame.
The line closed in 1964.
The station house, platform and dock all remain in a good state.
To the west is Tullibardine Chapel.
| Gleneagles Tip|
Kincardine Glen Viaduct
Earn Viaduct [Strageath]
Whitemoss Level Crossing
Blackford Old Parish Church
Muthill Old Church and Tower
Ardunie Roman Signal Station
Muir O'Fauld Roman Signal Station
Ardoch Roman Fort
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|16/03/1856||Crieff Junction Railway|
Line opened from Crieff Junction to Crieff [1st]. Stations opened at Crieff Junction, Tullibardine, Muthill, Highlandman and Crieff [1st].
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Branch Lines of Strathearn: Tourists, Tatties and Trains
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Scottish Central Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)