This was a two platform station with a loop on a single track line. The station was on the north side of a level crossing with ^Station Road^ which ran west to Muthill itself. The main station building was on the southbound platform and the signal box (1892) was on the north side of the level crossing, east side of the line at the southern end of the southbound platform.
The goods yard was on the east side and was approached by a reversing spur to the north.
The station closed to passengers and goods in 1964, the goods closure being a little different as from September the line south to Gleneagles was closed completely but the goods service north to Crieff Signalbox survived until November.
The station was some way east of Muthill itself, over a mile and a half to the west.
Nothing remains of the station today, it is now enclosed within a farming site and covered by newer buildings.
Muthill has a prominent ruined old church with a tower.
| Earn Viaduct [Strageath]|
Crieff Timber Yard
Crieff Shed [2nd]
Crieff Shed [1st]
Crieff West Signalbox
Muthill Old Church and Tower
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|16/03/1856||Crieff Junction Railway|
Line opened from Crieff Junction to Crieff [1st]. Stations opened at Crieff Junction, Tullibardine, Muthill, Highlandman and Crieff [1st].
|02/11/1964||Crieff Junction Railway|
Crieff [1st] to Muthill closed to freight.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Branch Lines of Strathearn: Tourists, Tatties and Trains
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Scottish Central Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)