|/ /1864||[Crieff and Methven Junction Railway]|
Act receives Royal assent
|21/05/1866||[Crieff and Methven Junction Railway]|
|/ /1869||Crieff and Methven Junction Railway|
Crieff and Methven Junction Railway absorbed by Caledonian Railway.
|01/10/1951||Crieff and Methven Junction RailwayPerth Almond Valley and Methven Railway|
Crieff [2nd] to Perth (Almond Valley Junction) closed to passengers.
|01/10/1951||[Crieff and Methven Junction Railway]|
|11/09/1967||Crieff and Methven Junction Railway|
Crieff [1st] to Perth (Dewars Siding) closed to freight.
These locations are along the line.
This was a one platform station on the single track line. There was a timber station building on the platform, on the south side of the line.
This was a two platform station with a passing loop. The main station building was on the westbound platform and there was a goods yard to the north of the platforms, approached from the east.
This was a single platform station. The platform was to the north of a passing loop and there was a large station house. The loop had a short siding to the south serving a loading bank from from the west. In addition there was a goods loop further to the south, with a siding approached from the east.
This was a single platform station with the platform on the north side of a passing loop. There were goods sidings on the south side, approached from the east.
The original terminus in Crieff was just to the south of Crieff [2nd] and was to become a goods yard on the opening of that station. It opened in 1856, the terminus of the service from Crieff Junction (rebuilt as Gleneagles in 1919). From 1866 it further became the terminus of the new line from Methven Junction, completing a through route from Perth.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Branch Lines of Strathearn: Tourists, Tatties and Trains
Forgotten Railways: Scotland