This was a single platform station on a single track railway with a goods yard at its west end. The station had a tall narrow two storey building, which remains today in use as a house. The platform extended from the goods yard east beyond the station building and bridge carrying the A85 overhead.
To the east was a short branch which served the Almondbank Naval Stores. This branch was approached from the west.
The goods yard was approached from the west and had a loading bank and goods shed at the west end of the passenger platform. The signal box (1892) was west of the platform and on the south side of the line opposite the east end of the short goods loop.
The box closed in 1930, replaced with a ground frame. The station closed to passengers in 1951 and the line in 1967.
The station building still stands, a fine house.
Almondbank itself is to the north, stretched out along Main Street. It has expanded in recent years.
Perth Glasgow Road
Perth Glasgow Road [Temporary]
Perth Princes Street
| Almondbank Naval Stores|
Almond Valley Junction
Perth New Yard
Muirton Cold Store
Dovecotland Oil Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1878||Perth, Almond Valley and Methven Railway|
Enlargement of Almondbank approved.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Branch Lines of Strathearn: Tourists, Tatties and Trains
Forgotten Railways: Scotland