This was a single platform station with the platform on the north side of a goods loop. There were goods sidings on the south side, approached from the east.
A signal box was added in 1892. It closed as a signal box in 1917 and became a ground frame until 1949. The station closed to passengers in 1951 and the line closed in 1967.
The main station building still stands, in use as a house, now known as 'Peveryl House'. The abutments of a bridge over a road to the east still stand.
Innerpeffray Chapel is to the south.
| Earn Viaduct [Strageath]|
Crieff Timber Yard
Crieff Shed [2nd]
Crieff Shed [1st]
Crieff West Signalbox
Muthill Old Church and Tower
Fowlis Wester Sculptured Stone
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|21/05/1866||Crieff and Methven Junction Railway|
Opened. Stations Methven Junction, Balgowan, Madderty, Abercairney, Innerpeffray opened.
|01/10/1951||Crieff and Methven Junction Railway
Perth, Almond Valley and Methven Railway|
Perth (Almond Valley Junction) (excluded) to Crieff [2nd] closed to passengers. Stations Methven Junction, Balgowan, Madderty, Abercairney, Innerpeffray closed.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Branch Lines of Strathearn: Tourists, Tatties and Trains
Forgotten Railways: Scotland