This was a one platform station on the single track line. There was a timber station building on the platform, on the south side of the line.
The goods yard, with a loop, and three sidings ans signal box, was to the east of the station on the south side of the line.
To the west was a level crossing with a substantial crossing keeper's cottage.
The box was not a block post and closed in 1895, replaced with a ground frame. The station closed to passengers in 1951 and the line closed in 1967.
The site was cleared after closure and is now partly a sewage works. Despite house building, on a site formerly used to the south of the station, the station site remains largely clear.
The crossing cottage remain standing, in use as a private house.
Balgowan House was about half a mile to the north of the station.
| Methven Shed|
River May Viaduct
Whitemoss Level Crossing
Almondbank Naval Stores
Muir O'Fauld Roman Signal Station
Ardunie Roman Signal Station
Fowlis Wester Sculptured Stone
St Serf's Church and Duplin Stone
Old House of Invermay
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|21/05/1866||Crieff and Methven Junction Railway|
Opened. Stations Methven Junction, Balgowan, Madderty, Abercairney, Innerpeffray opened.
|01/10/1951||Crieff and Methven Junction Railway
Perth, Almond Valley and Methven Railway|
Perth (Almond Valley Junction) (excluded) to Crieff [2nd] closed to passengers. Stations Methven Junction, Balgowan, Madderty, Abercairney, Innerpeffray closed.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Branch Lines of Strathearn: Tourists, Tatties and Trains
Forgotten Railways: Scotland