This was a single platform station. The platform was to the north of a passing loop and there was a large station house. The loop had a short siding to the south serving a loading bank from from the west. In addition there was a goods loop further to the south, with a siding approached from the east.
The station house remains in use as a house. Platforms remain. To the west a road crossed over the line and this bridge remains intact.
| Earn Viaduct [Strageath]|
Crieff Timber Yard
Crieff Shed [2nd]
Crieff Shed [1st]
Crieff West Signalbox
Fowlis Wester Sculptured Stone
Ardunie Roman Signal Station
Muir O'Fauld Roman Signal Station
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|21/05/1866||Crieff and Methven Junction Railway|
Opened. Stations Methven Junction, Balgowan, Madderty, Abercairney, Innerpeffray opened.
|01/10/1951||Crieff and Methven Junction Railway
Perth, Almond Valley and Methven Railway|
Perth (Almond Valley Junction) (excluded) to Crieff [2nd] closed to passengers. Stations Methven Junction, Balgowan, Madderty, Abercairney, Innerpeffray closed.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Branch Lines of Strathearn: Tourists, Tatties and Trains
Forgotten Railways: Scotland