This was a two platform station with a passing loop. The main station building was on the westbound platform and a waiting room on the eastbound. A footbridge connecting the platforms just east of both buildings. The station's signal box (1892) was at the east end of the eastbound platform.
There was a goods yard to the north of the platforms, approached from the east.
The station closed to passengers in 1951. The box closed in 1962 and the railway closed completely in 1967.
The two storey station building remains in use as a house. Platforms and loading banks remain in the garden.
| Methven Shed|
Earn Viaduct [Strageath]
Whitemoss Level Crossing
Crieff Timber Yard
Crieff Shed [2nd]
Crieff Shed [1st]
Fowlis Wester Sculptured Stone
Ardunie Roman Signal Station
Muir O'Fauld Roman Signal Station
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|21/05/1866||Crieff and Methven Junction Railway|
Opened. Stations Methven Junction, Balgowan, Madderty, Abercairney, Innerpeffray opened.
|01/10/1951||Crieff and Methven Junction Railway
Perth, Almond Valley and Methven Railway|
Perth (Almond Valley Junction) (excluded) to Crieff [2nd] closed to passengers. Stations Methven Junction, Balgowan, Madderty, Abercairney, Innerpeffray closed.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Tayside's Railways
Branch Lines of Strathearn: Tourists, Tatties and Trains
Forgotten Railways: Scotland