Opened on the Formartine and Buchan Railway.
Ellon was a three platform station. Until 1897 it was a two platform station with a loop and afterwards it was a junction for the Boddam Branch (Great North of Scotland Railway) with a new building built on the former southbound platform with glazed canopies.
The two main platforms remain, although rather deteriorated, and the trackbed is a walkway.
Blackdog (Strabathie Brick Works)
Bullers O^ Buchan Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Water of Cruden Viaduct
Cruden Bay Brick and Tile Works
Cruden Bay Hotel
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|