Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Formartine and Buchan Railway.
This was the second station named Brucklay. Brucklay [1st] ultimately became called Maud. Both stations were named for Brucklay Castle which was to the south west of the second station, slightly further north west of the original.
The station had two platforms and a passing loop. The main station building was on the northbound platform, which was the original as when the station first opened there was no loop.
The loop opened in 1891 and the signal box, at the north end of the northbound platform.
The goods yard was on the west side, accessed from the north.
The box and loop closed in 1959, a ground frame was installed for the sidings. The station closed to passengers in 1965.
The railway closed in 1979.
The trackbed is now a footpath. The station building is now a house.
Bucklay Castle is now a ruin, the roof of which was removed in 1953. During the Second World War it was used for billeting by the army.
Abbey of Deer Halt
Pitfour Curling Club Platform
Kirkton Bridge Halt
Philorth Bridge Halt
| Peat workings|
Consolidated Pneumatic Tool Works
Sandhaven Meal Mill
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|