This was a single platform station, although it may briefly have had a second platform in 1894. There was a signal box in 1894 and loop, which may predate the box.
The station platform was on the east side of the line with a goods yard on the east side, approached from the north where the signal box was located. It would appear there was a recess for a second station building on the west side.
Certainly a box opened and then closed (ie ceased to be a block post) in 1894, in common with boxes at other minor stations on the line. The box remains as a ground frame operating signals.
Confusingly OS maps show two signal boxes until the 1950s, although one may be an abbreviation for station building.
The station building remains, which became ruinous after closure to passengers, is in use as a house, the trackbed is now the Formartine and Buchan Way .
The bridge to the south of the station has been removed, this gave clearance for two tracks.
Philorth Bridge Halt
Kirkton Bridge Halt
Pitfour Curling Club Platform
Abbey of Deer Halt
| Philorth Bridge|
Consolidated Pneumatic Tool Works
Sandhaven Meal Mill
Kinnaird Head Castle Lighthouse and Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|