This was a two platform station with a passing loop on a single track line. The main station building was on the east/north bound platform, on the town side of the station. There was a goods yard on the north side, approached from the west.
The building was on the original platform, the loop opening after the line.
The signal box, dating from 1891, was at the west end of the westbound platform, midway along the loop.
To the west the line crossed the North Ugie Water.
The station closed to passengers in 1965 and the box closed in 1966.
The line closed in 1979.
The platforms survive and the trackbed is now a footpath. The main station building is now a house.
Abbey of Deer Halt
Pitfour Curling Club Platform
Kirkton Bridge Halt
Philorth Bridge Halt
| Peat workings|
Consolidated Pneumatic Tool Works
Sandhaven Meal Mill
Kinnaird Head Castle Lighthouse and Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|