This was the generously laid out terminus of the line from Ellon. The passenger station was to the west and goods station to its east. The platform was on the east side of a long looped line. The station building was at the north end and a very large two road carriage shed on the east side of the platform at its south end.
At the south end, on the east side, was a two road locomotive shed and turntable. Beyond this was the signal box, on te west side. The box opened with the line.
The station closed to passengers in 1932. The box closed in 1936, replaced with a ground frame. The line itself closed completely in 1948, although the line was used to store redundant wagons for some time (eventually the entire line right up to Ellon).
The station site has been obliterated and houses built over the site. The one survivor is a station cottage. This was at the north end, between the road entry to the passenger station and the road entry to the goods station from Station Road.
Bullers O' Buchan Halt
Pitfour Curling Club Platform
Abbey of Deer Halt
| Peterhead Power Station|
Stirling Hill Quarry
HM Prison Peterhead
Crosse and Blackwell [Peterhead]
Cruden Bay Brick and Tile Works
Water of Cruden Viaduct
Cruden Bay Hotel
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|31/10/1932||Boddam Branch (Great North of Scotland Railway)|
Boddam to Ellon and Cruden Bay Hotel Tramway (Great North of Scotland Railway) closed to passengers.
|31/12/1948||Boddam Branch (Great North of Scotland Railway)|
Boddam to Ellon officially closed.