This was a single platform station, with the platform on the east side. There was a goods yard to the north of the station on the west side, approached from the south. The GNoSR had a sand pit in the goods yard.
Parkhill box opened in 1920. This was located at the north end, platform side of the line.
Parkhill Viaduct is to the south. To the north of the station the line was doubled as far as Elrick Signal Box between 1920 and 1924, used busy periods. The box closed in 1925, replaced with a ground frame.
This double track section was partly built in response to the hugely increased traffic in the Great War, but opened too late to be of real use. It has been described as being only open for one year.
The station closed to passengers in 1950, goods in 1961 and the line closed completely in 1979.
The platform, partly demolished, remains along with a loading bank in the former goods yard and a railway cottage, still in use as a house.
The diverted A947 and Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route (Aberdeen bypass) cross the trackbed to the north of the station. The trackbed has been preserved for possible re-opening.
Blackdog (Strabathie Brick Works)
Berryhill (Murcar Golf Club)
Bridge of Don
| Parkhill Viaduct|
Raith^s Farm Sidings
Dyce Creosote Works
Elrick Signal Box
Stoneywood Paper Works
Twin Spires Creamery
Blackburn [Aberdeenshire Town]
St Fergus Church - Dyce Symbol Stones
Murcar Golf Course
St Machar^s Cathedral Transepts
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|