Elrick Signal Box (1920-1924)
Opened on the Formartine and Buchan Railway.
This was the northern end of double track section which started to the south at Parkhill. This was used during seasonal periods of high traffic, but only for a few years: 1920-24.
This double track section was partly built in response to the hugely increased traffic in the Great War, but opened too late to be of real use. It has been described as being only open for one year.
Nothing obvious remains of the signal box but the doubled trackbed can still be discerned.
The box was named for Elrick House, 1 km to the west.
Blackdog (Strabathie Brick Works)
Berryhill (Murcar Golf Club)
Other railway and industry locations
Elrick Signal Box
Raith^s Farm Sidings
Dyce Creosote Works
Stoneywood Paper Works
Twin Spires Creamery
Blackburn [Aberdeenshire Town]
Motor Hut House
St Fergus Church - Dyce Symbol Stones
Murcar Golf Course
Boat of Kintore Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
South of the former box was a set of eyesight check signals - a lineside shed on the west side and a gantry with six signals also on the west side.