Dalmuir Park (1952-1973)
Opened on the Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway.
Opened on the Clydebank to Dalmuir (North British Railway).
This is a five platform station. There are two platforms on the Singer route and to the north two platforms on the Clydebank route and a bay to the north of those, served from the Clydebank direction.
To the west is Dalmuir Park Junction and to the east the Clydebank line burrows under the Singer line.
This station replaced its predecessor Dalmuir [1st] which was to the immediate east on the Singer line. It was moved west to add the platforms on the Clydebank route.
The bay platform was added with the Argyle Line opened.
Singer Workers Platforms
Other railway and industry locations
Dalmuir Park Junction
Singer Timber Yard
Dalmuir No 25 Tunnel
Turners Asbestos Cement Works
Dalmuir No 23 Tunnels
Chivas Bros Siding
Dalmuir Sewage Purification Works
Chivas Bros Bond
Newshot Island Wrecks
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
Glasgow Railway Memories
Glasgow's Last Days of Steam
Rails Around Glasgow
The Railways of Glasgow: Post-Beeching
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)