This became a junction in 1897 when the former Glasgow, Yoker and Clydebank Railway was extended west from Clydebank Junction west to Dalmuir.
Dalmuir [1st] station was relocated west over Duntocher Road to Dalmuir, a new four platform station, at the time.
There was a loop on the down line, ie the south side, of the junction, allowing Dalmuir to act as a terminus. This later became a dead end siding and remains today. The signal box here was type commonly used in Dumbartonshire, this being the last example when it closed in 1989.
The junction was originally called Dalmuir Junction.
Dalmuir Park itself is just to the north.
Singer Workers Platforms
| Clyde Trust Siding Signal Box|
Dalmuir Iron Works
Singer Timber Yard
Dalmuir No 25 Tunnel
Chivas Bros Siding
Dalmuir Dredger Works
Turners Asbestos Cement Works
Dalmuir Sewage Purification Works
Dalmuir No 23 Tunnels
Chivas Bros Bond
Newshot Island Wrecks
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
Glasgow Railway Memories
Glasgow's Last Days of Steam
Rails Around Glasgow
The Railways of Glasgow: Post-Beeching
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)