Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway.
This was a two platform station. In 1897 it was replaced by Dalmuir on the west side of Duntocher Road when the Glasgow, Yoker and Clydebank Railway was extended by the North British Railway from Clydebank Junction west to Dalmuir Park Junction.
The station site was fairly cramped. There was a goods yard at the east end.
A trailing connection to the westbound line served the Dalmuir Iron Works, bridge and roof builders. The site later became the Singer Timber Yard.
A loop was maintained here, even after electrification, but taken up with the Yoker Resignalling Scheme.
A signal box 'Dalmuir Station' was opened in 1894 at the east end of the goods yard, on the south side of the line (just east of where the Clydebank line later passed underneath). The box closed in 1940.
Singer Workers Platforms
| Dalmuir Iron Works|
Singer Timber Yard
Dalmuir No 25 Tunnel
Dalmuir Park Junction
Turners Asbestos Cement Works
Dalmuir No 23 Tunnels
Clyde Trust Siding Signal Box
Dalmuir Dredger Works
Dalmuir Sewage Purification Works
Chivas Bros Siding
Kilbowie Swing Bridge
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
Glasgow Railway Memories
Glasgow's Last Days of Steam
Rails Around Glasgow
The Railways of Glasgow: Post-Beeching
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)