|01/08/1861||West of Fife Mineral Railway
West of Fife Railway and Harbour|
West of Fife Mineral Railway merged with Charlestown Railway to create the West of Fife Railway and Harbour Company.
These locations are along the line.
This junction was formed when the Charlestown and Dunfermline Railway was met by the 1866 West of Fife Railway and Harbour. Both lines were single track and the signal box (dating from 1894) was in the ^V^ of the junction.
This is a two platform station with the main station building on the northbound platform. The building is a stone built single storey with a canopy over the entrance. A flat roofed platform canopy runs the full length of the building. Opposite is a modern brick shelter. There are car parks on either side of the station.
This is a relatively new two platform station built to serve the expanding town of Dunfermline and its Queen Margaret Hospital. There is a car park on the north side.
The 1866 West of Fife Railway and Harbour, for Charlestown, met the 1849 Dunfermline Branch (Edinburgh and Northern Railway) at this junction. The location was just west of the Townhill Tramway route and Halbeath. Approach to the Charlestown line was from the east, the line running south west. The Dunfermline and Queensferry to the line to North Queensferry [1st] ...More details