Opened on the Dunfermline Branch (Edinburgh and Northern Railway).
This was a two platform station bounded by a level crossing to the east and Townhill Yard to the west. The station building on the former eastbound platform remains, despite closure of the station in 1930.
The goods yard was to the east of the crossing, on the north side of the line and approached by reversal.
When opened the railway was crossed on the level by the Halbeath Waggonway, running on the east side of the road. This ran north to various pits of the Halbeath Colliery at Halbeath and near Halbeath House and south to Inverkeithing.
Townhill Yard developed to the west, particularly after the opening of the Dunfermline and Queensferry Railway (from Townhill Junction and the Townhill Branch which connected Townhill Junction to the West of Fife Mineral Railway using portions of the former Townhill Waggonway. The yard expanded into a large marshalling yard. Later the Townhill Wagon Shops were built to the south.
Although the platforms are gone, the station building remains. The waiting shelter on the westbound platform and the signal box (east of the LC) have not survived.
Dunfermline Queen Margaret
Dunfermline (Comely Park)
Other railway and industry locations
Townhill Wagon Shops
Prathouse No 4 Pit
Touch South Junction
No 12 Pit
Touch North Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/05/1919||Dunfermline Branch (Edinburgh and Northern Railway)|
Sinclairtown, Halbeath, Kingskettle re-opened.