This is a two platform station. The station still has a traditional North British Railway building on the southbound platform. The northbound platform has a modern station building with the ticket office and a car park.
It replaced Inverkeithing [1st] which was to the south (beyond Inverkeithing South Junction on the original line to North Queensferry [1st]. Opening was to coincide with the Forth Bridge Railway. When built, the new station was outside Inverkeithing on the northern fringes.
To the north of the station is Inverkeithing Central Junction, where the lines of the Fife Circle to Dunfermline and Burntisland divide, and to the south Inverkeithing South Junction, where the Rosyth Dockyard Branch leaves the route to the Forth Bridge.
The Halbeath Waggonway ran immediately to the east of the station on the east side of the Keithing Burn.
North Queensferry [1st]
South Queensferry [1st]
Dunfermline (Comely Park)
South Queensferry Halt
Dunfermline Queen Margaret
| Boreland Road Bridge|
Inverkeithing South Junction
Inverkeithing Central Junction
Inverkeithing East Junction
Inverkeithing North Junction
Caldwell's Paper Mill
Naval Base Junction
Inverkeithing Shipbreaking Yard
Jamestown Viaduct [Inverkeithing]
East Ness Admiralty Pier
East Ness Pier
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/ /1500||Fordell Estate|
Starts coal workings, horses used to carry coal to Inverkeithing.