This line is open. From Charlestown Junction (Dunfermline) south to Inverkeithing South Junction it is in regular use. South of this it provides the first part of the line to Rosyth Dockyard.
|/ /1873||[Dunfermline and Queensferry Railway]|
Dunfermline and Queensferry Railway authorised
|/ /1877||[Dunfermline and Queensferry Railway]|
Dunfermline & Queensferry Railway absorbed by North British Railway.
|01/11/1877||[Dunfermline and Queensferry Railway]|
Opened from Dunfermline to North Queensferry
|28/03/1917||[Dunfermline and Queensferry Railway]|
Rosyth Halt opened
|05/01/1970||[Dunfermline and Queensferry Railway]|
Touch North Junction to Touch South Junction closed to passengers
This line is divided into a number of portions.
1877 and included the opening of Dunfermline Lower.
This is a two platform station. It was notable for the street level ticket office on brick piers, accessed from the pavement by a footbridge. Sadly this was demolished in 1999.
This forms the north part of a triangular junction. The main line runs south to Inverkeithing Central Junction and a single track loop line runs east to Inverkeithing East Junction. The signal box here closed in 1979, being taken over by the Edinburgh Signalling Centre. The box was on the north side of the junction. ...More details
This is a two platform station. The station still has a traditional North British Railway building on the southbound platform. The northbound platform has a modern station building with the ticket office and a car park.
This junction is south of Inverkeithing station. Lines to the Forth Bridge and Rosyth Dockyard divide here. The signal box here closed in 1972, control being taken over by Inverkeithing Central Junction signal box.
This station was to the south of Inverkeithing South Junction. It was the original station in Inverkeithing. It had a single platform and passing loop. Sidings were on the west side, approached from the north. A signal box opened with the station.
A former paper mill owned by the Caldwell Paper Company and the Inveresk Paper Company after 1928. It was located on the north shore of the Inner Bay, Inverkeithing,
This scrap and shipbreaking yard is operated by Robertson Metals Recycling, formerly R & M Supplies, formerly Thos W Ward. Many vessels have been scrapped her including HMS Dreadnought and RMS Mauretania.
This was the terminus of the Dunfermline and Queensferry Railway at the Queensferry railway pier, immediately west of the town pier.
Opened for Forth Bridge in 1890.