This junction opened in 1890 with the Forth Bridge to allow a Edinburgh Waverley - Stirling service via Oakley. The north end of the new curve was at Touch North Junction.
The signal box was on the east side of the junction.
The curve and box closed in 1970. The passenger service west to Stirling had been withdrawn in 1968.
Dunfermline Queen Margaret
Dunfermline (Comely Park)
| Touch North Junction|
Townhill Wagon Shops
St Leonard^s Works (Linen Damask)
Townhill Colliery Crawford Pit
Townhill Power Station
Dunfermline Tram Depot
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|07/10/1968||Stirling and Dunfermline Railway|
Stirling to Alloa [1st] to Dunfermline Lower (Touch South Junction) closed to passengers.
|05/01/1970||Dunfermline and Queensferry Railway|
Touch North Junction to Touch South Junction closed to passengers.
Edinburgh To Inverkeithing.: including The Port Edgar, North Queensferry And Rosyth Dockyard Branches. (Scottish Main Lines.)