Inverkeithing Central Junction (1890-)
Opened on the Dunfermline and Queensferry Railway.
Opened on the Aberdour Line (North British Railway).
This junction is north of Inverkeithing station and opened for the opening of the Forth Bridge. It forms the southern apex of a triangle of lines.
At this junction the line runs south to Inverkeithing (and on to the Forth Bridge) and to the north the lines to Dunfermline Town and Aberdour divide.
The signal box here closed in 1979, being taken over by the Edinburgh Signalling Centre. The box was located in the 'V' of the junction. This was the second box at this location, the original being on the east side of the junction (this box closed in 1914 when a yard was laid out on the north west fork). There are several looped lines and dead end sidings approached from Inverkeithing North Junction. In recent years the yard has been used for coal loading. The box took over Inverkeithing South Junction in 1972.
North Queensferry [1st]
Dunfermline (Comely Park)
Dunfermline Queen Margaret
South Queensferry [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Inverkeithing Central Junction
Inverkeithing East Junction
Inverkeithing South Junction
Inverkeithing North Junction
Caldwell^s Paper Mill
Naval Base Junction
Inverkeithing Shipbreaking Yard
Jamestown Viaduct [Inverkeithing]
Ferry Toll Tunnel
East Ness Admiralty Pier
East Ness Pier
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|