RNSD Lathalmond (1941-1971)
This was a railway served Royal Naval Stores Depot established in the Second World War.
The railway closed in 1971, being cut back to Townhill Power Station. The depot closed in 1993.
It became the Scottish Vintage Bus Museum (in 1995) which includes on its site Shed 47 (in 1997), a short standard gauge line. Tracklaying of a narrow gauge line, the West of Fife Munitions Railway, began on 18 June 2016 and locomotives from the Auchencorth Peat Moss Railway transferred to the site.
The site is now the base of Shed 47 - Lathalmond Railway Museum .
Dunfermline Queen Margaret
Dunfermline (Comely Park)
Other railway and industry locations
Fire Clay Compensation Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|18/06/2016||West of Fife Munitions Railway|
Construction of this 2 foot gauge railway begins at the former RNSD Lathalmond formerly served by the [West of Fife Mineral Railway].