The Charlestown Railway was originally the Elgin Railway, partly realigned and improved, particularly with a long curved deviation to the west of Charlestown itself and a station at the harbour.
|/ /1810||Charlestown Railway|
Earl Thomas builds a three arch viaduct, Charlestown Viaduct, to allow trains to reach Charlestown Harbour. 2 stationary engines also installed.
|/ /1834||Charlestown Railway|
Earl Thomas introduces horse drawn omnibus on railway which can take 50 passengers. First station at Charlestown [1st] opened by Camsie House on what is presently the cricket ground.
|/ /1848||Andrew Carnegie|
Leaves Dunfermline by the Charlestown Railway, Forth paddle-steamer ferry, Forth and Clyde Canal and steamer from Glasgow.
|/ /1859||Charlestown Railway|
Act receives Royal ascent.
|01/08/1861||West of Fife Mineral Railway
West of Fife Railway and Harbour|
West of Fife Mineral Railway merged with Charlestown Railway to create the West of Fife Railway and Harbour Company.
|/ /1866||Charlestown Railway|
|/ /1890||Charlestown Railway|
Part of Charlestown Harbour^s inner harbour filled in to allow extension of the Charlestown Railway.
Re-built line opened.
Charlestown to Dunfermline (Elbowbend Junction) closed to passengers.
Charlestown to RNAD Crombie siding (excluded) closed to freight.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This signal box was in the west of Charlestown a little to the location of the later Braeside Junction. The box controlled the connection between the line to the passenger station and the Charlestown Harbour sidings (laid out around 1896), which were approached from the north east.