|/ /||[Maryport and Carlisle Railway]|
Abbey Holme dates unknown.
|13/09/1869||[Solway Junction Railway]|
Shed opened at Brayton with two roads, sidings and a turntable in the junction between the Solway Junction Railway and the [Maryport and Carlisle Railway].
|/ /1887||[Cleator and Workington Junction Railway]|
Opened from Workington to Linefoot [Maryport and Carlisle Railway].
|/ /1935||[Cleator and Workington Junction Railway]|
Broughton to Linefoot ([Maryport and Carlisle Railway]) closed.
These locations are along the line.
This junction was east of Brayton station. The southern end of the Solway Junction Railway, controlled by the Caledonian Railway, joined the Maryport and Carlisle Railway at a junction which allowed access to the Solway line from the south. This line is the railway which crossed the Solway Firth on the mile long Solway Viaduct.
This is a single platform station which formerly had a very substantial station building. Goods only lines are on the east side which ran south before sweeping round to the north to serve the Maryport Docks.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The Lake Counties v. 14 (Regional Railway History)
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways