This line ran from Preston to Fleetwood [1st]. The majority of it, from Fylde Junction to Poulton No 1 Junction, remains open with the portion from Poulton to Burn Naze, and beyond, currently in preservation for re-opening.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
Known as Kirkham North Junction and Kirkham junction ...More details
This signal box from around 1877 survived until the early 1980s. The location was south of Weeton where the B5260 crossed the line. Weeton [Lancashire] station was to the west of Weeton. ...More details
This was the site of a short lived station. The site was probably close to where the 1847 OS map is marked 'Watch House'. The station was west of Weeton.
This was one of the original stations on the line. By 1890 the southbound platform had become an island platform allowing departures to north and south from the east face of the platform. The original northbound platform was rather short. There was a small goods yard on either side of the line and Poulton Junction to the north where the line to Blackpool North struck west and left the original ...More details
This terminus was part of a greater plan to develop a railway served port, a resort, and reclaim land. The port was intended to be used for steamers to Cumbria, the Isle of Man and Ireland.