Neilston High (1924-1962)
Opened on the Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway.
Open on the Neilston Line.
This is a two platform terminus station. To the south the two lines merge in a reversing spur. Although the Caledonian Railway style station buildings were demolished in the 1980s the goods shed survives.
It is a terminus but was formerly on the line south to Ardrossan Montgomerie Pier and Irvine Bank Street. The reversing spur is the stump of that route.
The goods yard was reached from the south end. The shed survives and the yard is a car park.
The station was renamed to distinguish it from Neilston Low station on the Glasgow and Kilmarnock Joint Railway. This was in 1924, one year after both stations came into the ownership of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway. The High station was close to the village and the Low station was convenient for the mills.
Other railway and industry locations
Arthurlie Cotton and Bleach Works
Aurs Burn Viaduct
Shanks Tubal Works [1st]
Barrhead Central Box
Shanks Tubal Works [2nd]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|02/04/1962||Lanarkshire and Ayrshire Railway|
Uplawmoor [1st] to Neilston High closed to passengers.