Neilston [2nd] (1871-1953)
Neilston Low (1953-1966)
Opened on the Glasgow and Kilmarnock Joint Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform station close to the Crofthead Mill. It was inconvenient for the Neilston village being at the foot of a hill and quite far north of it. The surviving Neilston station serves the village better.
The station replaced Neilston [1st], a terminus, just to the north east. It is often confused with this station which was also called Crofthead.
Other railway and industry locations
Arthurlie Cotton and Bleach Works
Aurs Burn Viaduct
Barrhead Central Box
Shanks Tubal Works [1st]
Shanks Tubal Works [2nd]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|