Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Glasgow and Kilmarnock Joint Railway.
This was a terminus. When initially opened the line from Barrhead was single track. The site of the station has been mostly obliterated by extension of the railway south in 1870 and in a re-alignment of the A736, although a large retaining wall remains next to the former alignment of the road. It was replaced by Neilston Low just to the south east.
Paisley Canal [1st]
| Neilston Shed|
Barshagra Signal Box
Arthurlie Cotton and Bleach Works
Aurs Burn Viaduct
Barrhead Gas Works
Barrhead Mineral Depot
Barrhead Central Box
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/12/1852||Wilsontown, Morningside and Coltness Railway|
Closed to passengers. Blackhall, Headlesscross, Crofthead and Longridge [2nd] closed.
|/ /1853||Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Direct Railway|
Crofthead extension from Barrhead approved.
|08/10/1855||Glasgow, Barrhead and Neilston Direct Railway|
Crofthead extension opened.
|/ /1865||Glasgow and Kilmarnock Joint Railway|
Authorisation of a Caledonian Railway extension from Crofthead to Kilmarnock and the Beith [Town] branch.
|/ /1866|| Glasgow and Kilmarnock Joint Railway|
Authorisation of a deviation to the north at Crofthead.
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways