Longridge [2nd] (1850-1852)
Opened on the Longridge to Bathgate (Edinburgh and Glasgow Railway).
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a short lived replacement for Longridge [1st], just to the south, the original terminus of the Wilsontown, Morningside and Coltness Railway.
Judging by the OS maps of the period, this was a very short platform on the west side of the overbridge over the Whitburn to Forth road, on the north side of the line.
Closure came early, due to the low population nearby. Interestingly the station of Breich is not far to the south, another station with notoriously low traffic.
Fauldhouse and Crofthead
Other railway and industry locations
Crofthead Iron Mine No 7
Crofthead Iron Mine No 1
Eastfield Engine Ironstone Pit
Crofthead Sandstone Quarry
Eastfield Iron Mine No 3
Greenburn Ironstone Pit
Eastfield Coal Pit No 3
Eastfield Iron Mine No 4
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|