This station had a brick built station building on the platform. The platform was on the west side of a loop, the line being single track to north and south. There were sidings on either side, approached from the south.
The signal box, opened in 1899, was on the west side at the south end of the station. The loop was extended. Whitrigg Colliery Pit No 5 was served by a short branch to the south east. To the east was Whitrigg Fireclay Mine, served by a branch from the colliery line.
The station closed in 1930.
The railway south to Bents closed in 1966. The signal box closed in 1967. Whitrigg Colliery Pit No 5 through to [[Polkemmet Junction closed in 1969, the trackbed cut through by the M8 (Dechmont to Whitburn opened in 1969).
The station was at East Whitburn.
Fauldhouse and Crofthead
| Whitrigg Colliery|
Torbanehill Pit No 5
Torbanehill Pit No 2?
Torbanehill Coal Pit No 3
Torbanehill Pit No 7
Torbanehill Pit No 3
Torbane Pit No 6
Torbane Pit No 2
Bathgate Chemical Works
Chemical Works Signal Box
Iron and Gas Coal Pit
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/10/1864||Wilsontown, Morningside and Coltness Railway|
Line extended to Bathgate and re-opened to passengers. Blackhall re-opened and Crofthead re-opened as Fauldhouse and Crofthead. The Longridge to Bathgate section was first opened to passengers with new stations at Bents and Whitburn.
|01/05/1930||Wilsontown, Morningside and Coltness Railway|
Morningside to Bathgate (Polkemmet Junction) closed to passengers. Morningside [NBR], Fauldhouse and Crofthead (also known as Fauldhouse South), Bents and Whitburn closed.
|24/04/1963||Wilsontown, Morningside and Coltness Railway|
Addiewell to Whitburn closed.